Last Updated on December 30, 2020
The most popular form of entertainment for many youngsters is video gaming. Nowadays, most teenagers love to sit in front of their Xbox rather playing games. Even while traveling they accompany their video games among them. The effect of video games on your brain is similar to the effect of wine on your health. So, it has both negative and positive effects on your health.
Video games are not associated with high risk of mental health problems. But the addition of these games can lead to severe mental health problems. it can change your brain’s physical structure by strengthening the nerves muscles.
IS VIDEO GAMING BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH?
Here we present the pros and cons of video gaming that every teenager should be aware of;
POSITIVE EFFECTS OF VIDEO GAMING
When you play video games, it gives you a brain exercise. Just like in many video games, mostly the skill required to win the game involves a high level of thinking which is not been taught at your school. Some of the benefits are:
- When you play games like Angry bird, cut the rope and many more of this kind, then you try to come up with creative ideas to win. This builds up your logical thinking and problem-solving techniques.
- Video games prime your brain to make quick decisions, fast analysis and even also let you think quickly.
- Video gaming help in building up your concentration levels and also in memorizing at a fast pace.
- Video games direct you to how to respond to challenges, frustrations and even encourages you to take risks.
- It helps in increasing your self-confidence and self-esteem as you are master of games. It makes you more confident in facing difficult situations and challenges.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF VIDEO GAMING
Even moon has a dark side so, video games will also have a negative effect on your mental health. It has the power to damage your brain and behavior. The dark side of video games can be analyzed in the following points:
- The violent video games can lead to aggression in teenagers. These games develop aggressive thoughts and make you violent in most situation.
- Being in front of video games all the time rather playing outside can lead to social isolation. Then there will be no physical activity which can further lead to obesity.
- The most serious effect of video games is the poor academic performance in your school. Its addiction can make you so tired and will skip your homework which will further lead to lower grades.
- Video games also teach you wrong values also.
- By spending your most of the time on video games can lead to a number of health problems such as obesity, postural disorder, lack of sensation in elbows, shoulders, and hands.
Comments are closed.