Last Updated on December 30, 2020
Yoga is a mind and body exercise in the ancient Indian ideology. Various asanas of yoga make up the physical postures, breathing ways, meditation, and relaxation. Yoga has become popular as a form of physical exercise based upon asanas (physical poses) to promote improved control of mind and body practice and to enhance well-being.
To live in the world of harmony with yourself and in the environment that is the desire of every human being. However, in modern times greater physical and emotional demands are constantly placed upon many areas of life. YOGA exercises have a positive effect and bring body, mind, and soul into equilibrium.
Yoga in Daily Life is a system of practice consisting of eight levels of development in the areas of physical, mental, social and spiritual health. When your body is physically healthy, the mind is out of stress zone, attentive and stress is under controlled.
YOGA A MIND AND BODY PRACTICE
The main goals of “Yoga in Daily Life” are:
- Physical Health
- Mental Health
- Social Health
- Spiritual Health
- Self-Realisation or realization of the Divine within us
WHY PEOPLE PREFER YOGA OVER GYM ??
Confused what to choose – Yoga or Gym?
Each has its own benefits and we cannot really say one is better than the other. A gym session can make you feel tired and hungry while yoga revitalizes you and helps in digestion.
By doing yoga you can expect an increase in flexibility, tone, and strength. You do not require any of the equipment, just some free area around yourself to practice the various asanas of yoga. After a yoga session because of the convenience, it offers. It helps to get rid of fatigue.
WHY AMERICANS PREFER YOGA OVER GYM ??
American yoga is nothing but aerobics with chanting. For everyone, the practice is spiritually, or at least psychological. People who once turned to therapy now seek inner peace from teachers who simultaneously help them tone their abs.
Americans use yoga mats as a therapist’s couch and which is often used as a church pew. They have opened up to new notions of the inner life, through therapeutic practices and New Age conjectures, the seekers of the counterculture have been coming down to earth.
- Some 2016 Yoga in America Study Highlights
- There are 36.7M US yoga practitioners, up from 20.4M in 2012.
- Students spend $16B/year on classes of yoga up from $10B in 2012.
- Women represent 72% of the practitioner; men 28%.
- 74% of Americans practitioner have been doing yoga for 5 years
- The top five reasons for starting yoga are: Flexibility(61%), Stress Relief(56%), General Fitness(49%), Improve Overall Health(49) and Physical Fitness(44%).
- 86% of practitioners self-report having a strong sense of mental clarity, 73% report being physically strong.