Nowadays, depression is on the rise in the world. Be it a 12yr child or older than that is fighting for depression. Many of us go through various treatments for curing depression. But through yoga is a permanent solution for this disease. Yoga not only helps physical health but your mental health also. The yoga poses help to reduce the impact of stress and is very helpful in warding off depression and anxiety.
It is better for you to practice yoga poses than going through various surgeries. Yoga is the best way to improving your overall health without any medicines. Without any side effects, yoga will ward off depression from you permanently.
Yoga Poses That Helps In Fighting For Depression
So, don’t go under any treatment or any surgery just practice yoga. Here, the most effective yoga poses that will surely help in fighting for depression permanently just in a month;
1. BALASANA (CHILD POSE)
It is the easiest and most comfortable pose for everyone. This pose helps in calming your brain and reduces the stress levels and anxiety which makes your body relaxed. You simply need to sit on your heels in such a way that your toes touch each other. Now bend forward in between your thighs, make sure that your forehead touches the ground. Then bring your arms forward and place on either side of your head with palms down. Stay for a few minutes and repeat at least 5 times.
Benefits of child pose (balasana):
- Gently stretches your lower back, hips, thighs, knees, and ankles
- Relaxes your spine, shoulders, and neck
- Increases blood circulation to your head reducing headaches
- Massages your internal organs and keeps them supple
- Calms the body, mind and central nervous system
- Helps to relieve stress and tension and fatigue
2. SETHU BANDHASANA (BRIDGE POSE)
It is known as the bridge pose which helps in strengthening and relaxing your muscles. This pose makes you feel light just as all your stress has been vanished. First, lie down on your back then place your arms on either side with palms down. Now lift your legs by folding your knees. But make sure your ankle and knee are in a straight line. Gently, lift your back away from the floor but make sure that your thighs should be parallel and your chin should touch your chest. Stay for few seconds and repeat the same 3 times.
Benefits of bridge pose (balasana):
- Stretches the chest, neck, spine, and hips
- Strengthens the back, buttocks, and hamstrings
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps to reduce stress and mild depression
- Calms the brain and central nervous system
- Improves digestion
- Helps to relieve symptoms of menopause
- Reduces backache and headache
- Reduces fatigue, anxiety, and insomnia
- Rejuvenates tired legs
- Relieves symptoms of asthma and high blood pressure
3. URDHVA MUKHA SVANASANA (UPWARD DOG POSE)
This upward facing dog pose is the easiest way to cure depression. By practicing this pose all your stress in your back will vanish. You need to just lie down with face down and keep your arms on either side with palms down. Now lift by straightening your arms and your legs should be few inches away from the floor. Your head should be upward and let your chest rise high. Stay for seconds and repeat the same for 5 times.
Benefits of upward dog pose (urdhva mukha svanasana):
- Improves the body posture
- improves capacity of your lungs
- Strengthens the spine, shoulders, arms and wrists
- Stretches chest and lungs, shoulders, and abdomen
- Relieves back pain
- Firms the buttocks
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Helps relieve mild depression, fatigue, and sciatica
- Therapeutic for asthma
4. ADHO MUKHA SVANASANA (DOWNWARD DOG POSE)
This downward-facing dog pose has a rejuvenating effect on your body. it helps in relieving all your stress from your body and make you calm from depression. This pose also improves digestion and blood circulation in the body. You need to make a table with your body and keep your elbows and knees straight with hips upward. Just like forming an inverted V with your body. Slowly, press your hands to the ground and keep your neck straight make sure your ears should not touch the inner arms. Stay for a few minutes and repeat 4 times.
Benefits of downward dog pose (adho mukha svanasana):
- Strengthens your shoulders, arms and wrists
- Firms the core and waist
- Stretches hamstrings and calves
- Increases blood flow to the brain
- Stretches the Spine and Strengthens the Back